13 January 2018

Post-Christmas purchases


After Christmas I had a few trips to the town centre and to Edinburgh where I was able to spend my Christmas money. Here's what I got.
Secret Edinburgh: An Unusual Guide is a great wee book that will be perfect for putting in my handbag when I'm exploring. It actually has a lot of Edinburgh places in it that I didn't know about! Hygge and Kisses I just bought for the cover and the Hygge theme (it was particularly appropriate as it was snowing heavily that day!). It was harmless enough but a bit predictable.
From the Fruitmarket Gallery where I got the Secret Edinburgh book, I also got an enamel pin by Ustudio Design, and a gorgeous postcard with an illustration from a Japanese matchbox label.


I got some clothes - a black jacket, black pencil skirt, and cream blouse with a bow, as these were items that I felt I needed for my capsule wardrobe, and a Seasalt dress that I found cheap in a charity shop! It's a summer dress, so it could be a while until I can wear it!

I also got a peg/letter board, which was something I'd been wanting. It was reduced in the sales, and I have a bit of a crafty idea for it. Also reduced in the sales I got The New Vegan by Aine Carlin. I already have another book by her that I like, and, although I'm not eating completely vegan this January, I still like to eat a lot of vegan food.

From Eteaket in Edinburgh I got some delicious Earl Grey tea and a badge.


And I did some online shopping for books, getting The Curated Closet by Anuschka Rees, How to Bullet Plan by Rachel Wilkerson Miller, and Creative Lettering and Beyond.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...