29 November 2017

This month I have been mostly...


There hasn't been anything happening on the blog this month, but here's what's been happening in my life. I had my hysterectomy at the end of last month, so this month has been spent resting and recuperating. 

Watching:
I got Netflix so I've gone from the 70s to the 80s by watching Mindhunter and then Stranger Things. And I've started watching Gilmore Girls from the beginning (having only ever seen one episode before). Because I've been off work I got hooked on a couple of daytime shows, The Planners (which confusingly changed its name to Permission Impossible for the second series) and Family Finders. I Know Who You Are has been back on. And with my parents I watched lots of The Big Bang Theory, Landscape Artist of the Year, and Robot Wars. 

Reading:
I actually haven't got as much reading done as I thought I would during my sick leave! But I have been reading The Power by Naomi Alderman, and a few more of the Chalet School books. I had stocked up on books so I have loads still to read!

Buying:
Being off work led to a bit more online shopping than usual! I got another Seasalt Millpool dress as I've been wearing the first one a lot (it's baggy and comfy but still looks flattering) and another comfort purchase was Lucy & Yak dungarees after hearing great things about them! I got a good few more enamel pins for my collection, a mirror by Iris de la Torre (I'm kind of obsessed with things with faces on them at the moment), and some more pens from Cult Pens as well as a Leuchtturm sketchbook and my first ever bullet journal! I've also managed to get out to a few local shops with my parents, where I got three hats! And it's been lovely to be able to get to my local charity shop on an almost daily basis - they are only open when I'm usually at work.

Making:
Pretty much my only craft project during the time I've been off work has been my sunburst granny crochet blanket. I had the circles all ready, so I spent the first two weeks adding the first row of white around each one, forming shapes that I christened "squircles" then moved on to the second and final round of white which turns them into squares. It's been good to have a project that doesn't take too much concentration and can be done in front of the TV. I think it's stopped me doing quite so much aimless surfing online in front of the TV!

Doing:
My most important activity each day has been walking, for most of which I've been accompanied by my dad. I slowly and gradually built up my walking each day, starting off by just going round the block at my parents' house, and I've worked towards getting my step count back to what it was before I went into hospital. I've been getting lots of rest too, with naps in the afternoons and evenings! And eating lots of healthy food. But also biscuits!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...