17 September 2017

Butterflies at the botanic garden

I recently wanted to look at a shop in Cupar, and, since I was going there, thought I may as well go to St Andrews as well. When I arrived in St Andrews I saw a sign for the Butterfly Experience exhibit at the botanic garden, so, after a look round the shops, I went there for a look.

Since this was an unplanned visit, I hadn't even brought my good camera with me, but luckily I was able to get some great photos with my phone.
When I walked into the butterfly house I think I stood in one spot for about five minutes without moving! There was so much to see even from that one position!
The blue morphos were the biggest and brightest butterflies there, but they were so difficult to take photos of, because they were always on the go, and, when they did rarely stop, their wings would close hiding the beautiful iridescent blue.

Visiting the butterflies is one of the best spontaneous decisions I've ever made, and I'm going to see if I can fit in another visit with my good camera before the exhibit finishes at the end of the month.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...