08 September 2017

Book frames

One of the final parts of my living room makeover was making these book frames. I had an area of wall that used to be hidden behind a Japanese screen, and it really felt like it needed something. Then I saw a picture by someone I'd just started following on Instagram, of books in frames, and this was the perfect solution for this space. She's @tulipbooks, and you just have to check out her photos of her bookish wedding!
One of the things I've tried to do when decorating my craft room, bedroom, and living room, is to have display areas that I can easily change around. I have so many lovely things that all deserve to be made the focus of attention some of the time.
Luckily I had some square Ikea Ribba frames in my cupboard that were no longer being used. I was pleased that the glass was easy to remove from these, because I had visions of attacking them with a hammer!

After removing the glass, I gave the backing boards a few coats of white paint to match the wall. When hanging the frames I added some sticky pads to the backs of them to make sure the frames didn't move about. The frames can hold small books that are not too thick.

I had just bought a French book about mushrooms, so it was the first that I placed in one of the frames. Then I added a couple of other books on a natural history theme. Because there is no glass in the front, it takes moments to change the display of books!

And I feel that these frames continue a theme of white squares that can be seen all around the room, with the square shelving, the dining table, and a little white tray I have on a side table.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...