14 July 2016

Ring CARVE-ing

You may remember that this spring I went to a ring carving class with CARVE in Dunfermline. Well, I enjoyed it so much that immediately afterwards I booked to go to another one at Brewdog in Dundee.
It was a smaller class this time, just 6 people around one table, and I felt this worked really well as it gave us a better chance to get to know each other and to see what everyone else was doing.

I wanted to do a ring inspired by chunky minerals, like iron pyrites. There were a couple of the sample rings that I liked, so I kept them handy for inspiration.
I really enjoyed seeing what the others were up to, and one of them was carving a Totoro inspired ring with a rubber-stamped soot-sprite!

Because I'd done a class before, I had a good idea of what I needed to do and was able to do it quite quickly. But the others were also finished fairly quickly so we were all able to enjoy the lovely food and drink that was included in the price - some tasty nachos and flights of beer. I liked having the smaller glasses of beer as I can never finish a half pint!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...