29 June 2016

This month I have been mostly...


It's been a sad month in many ways, locally, nationally and internationally. My colleague and teacher, Gordon Suttie, died earlier this month (the sandals above are a tribute to him, as he always wore socks and sandals). There was the terrible massacre in Orlando. Just around the corner from my house, in my own street, a man who I often saw walking his dogs was murdered in his own home. There was the murder of politician Jo Cox. And finally the EU referendum result which came as a great shock to everyone I know. I've found it really difficult to get my head round all these events.

This month I also finished the Next Steps for Safety Reps Stage 2 course, and I applied to do the TUC Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety.

I've been reading Carry On by Rainbow Rowell, and Concretopia by John Grindrod. I've been watching Marcella (a bit behind everyone else, I started watching just after it had finished on TV!), The Disappearance, and Mum and I have been watching The Musketeers and The Great British Sewing Bee.

I've been busy at weekends attending a number of jewellery workshops and other things, so you'll see some of that on the blog over the next month!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...