16 June 2015

Ravenscraig Park


At the moment I'm doing a college course on Thursdays - the TUC Health & Safety Reps Stage 1 course. It's held at Fife College in Kirkcaldy, and being quite central in Kirkcaldy it means I can do some different things at lunchtimes. I've visited the Diane Arbus exhibition at Kirkcaldy Galleries, and been for hot chocolate at The Painted Teapot. But on this particular day I headed towards the water.
My plan was to try to see the tall ship which I'd heard was moored off Dysart harbour for the filming of Outlander. I couldn't see anything, so I just kept heading in that direction in the hope of seeing something. In the end I saw nothing and had to go back that weekend to see it - Dysart harbour itself was just too far for me to walk in the lunch hour.
I ended up in Ravenscraig Park. It was the first time that I'd been there since I was a child, and I had forgotten how nice it was. There's Ravenscraig Castle, some lovely sea views, coastal paths and woodland paths, and I saw lots of bluebells!

It was quite a long walk. I walked at a brisk pace the whole time, and had to run to get back to college on time!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...