03 December 2014

I love... penguins!

Penguins are huge at the moment, partly because of the amazing Christmas advert for John Lewis! I can't watch it without crying, especially at the very end!


Penguins have also been a big thing in my family for a long time, because of a quote Mum found in a newspaper that summed up my brother's attitude to many of the books he was being forced to read at school at the time:

In 1944 a children's book club sent a volume about penguins to a 10-year-old girl, enclosing a card seeking her opinion. She wrote, "This book gives me more information about penguins than I care to have." American diplomat Hugh Gibson called it the finest piece of literary criticism he had ever read.

So penguins came to be associated with my brother, and were the subject of many a card and t-shirt. And now, my nephew is also being given penguin clothing and toys galore!

So, here are some of my penguin related crafts!


Penguin card

Moleskine cahier



Penguin brooch

Peru inspired card

Penguin cards

I had completely forgotten these daft penguin cartoons I made years ago to amuse my colleagues and learn how to use Adobe Illustrator.

Stay tuned for this year's Christmas cards in a few days time, one of them is penguin related!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...