22 September 2014

Wedding table cards

Today I'm starting a week of old craft projects, but ones that haven't been seen here on emuse before! I'm starting with a project that I'm really proud of.

When my brother and sister-in-law got married a few years ago, the tables at their wedding were named after herbs and flowers, and they asked me to make a card to go in the centre of each table.

I started off by finding photos online of the plants that they'd listed, then I drew a sketch of what the cards would look like. Once I got the OK on the sketch, I set about making the cards.

I drew the lettering by hand on plain paper, then used this as a template for cutting out the letters in a dusty purple colour.

I printed out the reference images I'd found, and drew images of the plants based on these. For each plant, I chose a paper that imitated both the colour and texture of the leaves and petals. For some of the leaves I embossed the veins on them, and for some I added colour along the edge with ink.
It was great to be able to get involved with my brother and sister-in-law's wedding in this way, bringing a handmade touch to the tables!



2 comments:

zerry ht said...

I think that these are really beautiful! I would love to have these cards in my wedding decorations. It’s a really personal touch. I am getting married in a really nice event space San Francisco has. I would try this and will coordinate with the decorator to place them!

Anonymous said...

شراء عفش مستعمل
اتات مستعمل

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...