11 May 2014

Christian Aid book sale 2014

One of my favourite events each year is the huge Christian Aid book sale held in Edinburgh, and this year was every bit as good as usual! The weather wasn't quite as bad as I'd feared it would be, and I came home with this big pile of books and other items:
Bowl £1
Painted plaque 20p
Snowdrop brooch £1
Ladybird Party Food £1
Ladybird Packed Lunches £1
Ladybird Making and Decorating Cakes £1
Ladybird Easy Meals £1
Pleasure Trove by Jennifer Curry 30p
Sjove Tojdyr by Bodil Justesen £1
Still Clueless in Tokyo by Betty Reynolds 75p
Colour and Pattern in your Home £4
The Tyrolese Cookery Book £1
Twinkle annuals 1973, 1975, 1978, 1979 £1 each
Japan by Peter Spry-Leverton & Peter Kornicki £1
La Television by Alain Gree £2
Living Zen by Michael Paul £4
The Techniques of Japanese Embroidery by Shuji Tamura £10
Soviet Textile Design of the Revolutionary Period by I Yasinskaya £2


The first things I found were the Ladybird books, which are so wonderfully retro in their food photography!


Then I was delighted to find the Twinkle annuals I'd had in my childhood

I found some beautifully illustrated books

And some on a Japanese theme

And some from the craft section. I love that you can find something so esoteric as a book on Soviet textiles of a particular era - not something I went looking for, but when I found it I couldn't resist it, with its pictures of bold fabrics in beautiful colours with designs based on industry and other interesting themes.


Previous book sales:
2013
2012
2011
2010
2009
2008
2007

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...