10 August 2010

Zine workshop

I had a great day on Sunday. I headed through to Glasgow, and first of all had a look around the shops. I was buying an obi belt (wanted one for ages and it was only £3 in the sale) in H&M when I got a text from my friend Aurora to say she was on her way. I met her and her boyfriend Armando at Queen St Station, and then we got the subway out to Kelvinhall.

We had lunch at Ichiban. It was the first time I'd been at this branch of Ichiban as I usually go to the one on Queen St. Then Aurora and I headed to the Zine Workshop at Welcome Home, which was just a few minutes walk away.

The workshop was run by Marceline and Jen. I'd met Marceline at her stall at a craft market before, but I hadn't really spoken to her. I had a couple of her zines already, and bought a few more. This was the first time I'd met Jen. There were about 20 people there, and they were all really interesting to talk to.

First Marceline talked for a bit about zines, and showed us how to make a little zine, then we all got on with making our own. I made two tiny zines about Japan. It was a lot of fun, and I've decided to join the challenge to create and publish a zine by the end of the year.

Afterwards I took Aurora to the huge Millers Art Store. It was the first time she had been there and I enjoyed watching the look on her face as we walked out onto the upper floor, as I remember how amazed I was the first time I went there!

1 comment:

Aurora said...

Oh Emma, I would like to spend a whole day inside this lovely art shop! Amazing!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...